« Proper care and feeding of your feeds... | Main | Playing along with the Sox.. »

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I, awake

Now that my baby daughter is sleeping through the night, I decided it was time to try and get back to my morning exercise routine, a (mostly) daily 2 mile walk.

I had intended to start up again on Monday but when the alarm clock went off at a shockingly early 5:30 AM, the closest I got to actual exercise was the step I took out of bed to hit the snooze button on the alarm. This same scene repeated itself on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not a good way to start, but each day I simply told myself that I would try again tomorrow.

I finally managed to drag my tired, sleepy ass out of bed this morning and get my walk in. I thought it was appropriate that I started up my routine again on the first full day of summer. I was half asleep through the first mile, but it felt good to get outside and get some fresh air and exercise.

Later in the morning I went to make my coffee for the drive to work and realized that I only had about 4 and 1/2 scoops of coffee left. I usually make my coffee with 3 scoops, so what was I going to do with that last scoop and a half? Make an extra large coffee of course!

By the time I got to work, I was good and fucking wired let me tell ya. Although I need my morning coffee to get me going every day, I don't drink a huge amount of it throughout the day. I usually have a medium sized cup in the morning for the drive to work and a small cup in the afternoon when I start to get that drowsy, 'blah' feeling around 3 o'clock.

Today, not only did I have the extra-large cup of coffee this morning, I had a Pepsi before lunch and the afternoon coffee. For me, that is a lot of caffeine, so now I'm feeling pretty twitchy. Sleep might be a problem later, which could definitely throw a kink in my ability to wake up and exercise tomorrow morning. It's a vicious fucking cycle.


TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I, awake:


Cheers. That first morning is always the hardest...but it feels great afterwards.

Not that I'm doing well myself in the mornings. But I've been making up for it in the evenings this week.

Yes you are right about that! It definetely feels good to get back into the exercise routine.

Hopefully Monday I'll be able to get the week started off right!

Post a comment

If you have a TypeKey or TypePad account, please Sign In

Help Somebody!


Search 'mr.blackandwhite'

Photo Albums

Currently Reading

Get to the Game!

Copyright info

  • Original Content © 2004-2006 Man King ☠

    All thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog / website are those of the author, unless otherwise stated, and in no way represent the thoughts and opinions of his employers or any other entities the author may be associated with.
    The author (that's me) makes no promises as to the accuracy, lucidity or logic of his posts.

    Thanks for reading :-)

  • DTOM Rattlesnake Design courtesy: store.gadsdenandculpeper.com
    Copyright 2004 Gadsden and Culpeper American Heritage Shoppe, Ltd.

  • Creative Commons License

How cool I'm not

Powered by TypePad